Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday's Musing! - SLEEP


Today's musing doesn't fall far from my scope of immediate needs today! Sleeeeeeep. With all the late-night assignment work I've been doing, I'm not ashamed to admit that when I imagine having a hot shower and crawling under the cozy layers of blankets and sheets on my bed, my heart breaks out in happy little butterflies. The anticipation is amazing!

HOWEVER

It's taken me a while to get to this point! When I was in high school, I truly believed that sleep was a chore; a waste of time when I could be doing so much else! I looked down on friends who slept until 1pm regularly (OK... maybe I still do a little. Depending on the circumstances). If I slept past about 9am on a weekend, I was disgusted with myself. Crazy right? Especially because I was staying up till the early hours of the morning each night. Even school nights. As a result, I was nodding off in classes. Real smart. I have noooo idea why I was so adamant about getting as little sleep as possible!

These days, I still hate over-sleeping too long on weekends, but I'm also woman enough to admit when I need to be in bed by 9pm on the odd occasion! Sleep is AMAZING. It's such a happy comfort to me. I love the cosiness of it. Mmmmm.... sleep!

PS In relation to my last Musing... I totally became inspired and bought a pink wig that day! So now I can whip out pink hair whenever I want to. Problem solved!

No comments: