Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life Is Good Award!

Awwww! Thanks Alice for passing this onto me!


This means so much, because to me... life really is good! I am so blessed. Alice is an amazing lady who used to go to church with us, but has recently moved interstate with her family. She and her husband Phil are one of those genuinely lovely, encouraging couples. I didn't realise that Alice had a blog until quite recently and am so glad that she pointed it out to me! I find Alice's posts encouraging, and they just reflect the hugeness of her heart and her care for other people.


The rules of the tag are:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you this award
2. Answer the 10 survey questions - please see below
3. Pass this award on to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic and notify them with a comment

So here goes..
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I'm not anonymous, and I don't have any desire to be anonymous. My blog is about documenting my life, and I'd say it's predominantly read by my friends anyway! I'm not the kind of person who would use a blog to complain about people in my life, subtly or otherwise, so I feel like there's no need for me to be anonymous. I read so many blogs in which the bloggers are open books to their readers - and these are the blogs that I connect with the most, so I never even considered anonymity.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Poor Chris cops all of my childish stubbornness! I'm generally only stubborn when I want something - and then it's hello 2-year-old Klara! Hahaha. The most recent example I can think of (but seriously, it happens LOTS) is when we were thrifting on my birthday. I fell in love with a cute colourful plate setting, and Chris said "No, we already have lots of plates". There was lots of pleading, lots of begging, lots of justifying, and still he said "No, it's just not practical". Then he went to look at something else - his fatal mistake! - because I grabbed the setting and brought it over to the counter anyway. Do you see? Do you see what this poor man has to deal with???

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Hmmm I kind of take my reflection at face-value (ha!) No deep soul-searching in front of the mirror for me ;)

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
Iced coffee. Caffeine AND it's icy cold! I'm drinking some right now in fact - I love my coffee machine, and am currently loving the Guatemalan coffee beans I bought at the markets a couple of weeks ago.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I read my Kindle or a magazine, or I watch something girly like Glee or Gilmore Girls. Sometimes I'll spend a few hours cooking in the kitchen, but generally when I take me-time I exert as little energy as possible!!

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
LOADS. Right now the biggie is that I want to finish my Early Childhood Education degree - the goal is to be teaching before I turn 30. Ugh, 30 is so old. I think once you stop wanting to accomplish stuff, life becomes boring. Other things I hope to accomplish are house renovations, having kids, losing weight... you know, all those wonderful cliches. I want them.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching
I was the shy muso! I would look at girls my age who could talk to anyone, and always knew what to say in every situation, and wonder how the heck they'd worked it all out! But within my small group of friends I was a lot crazier. And I had 20 different music commitments at any given time, which made me feel like I was part of something huge :)

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
It would be our 50th wedding anniversary, and we'd be able to look at each other and say, with absolute truth, that every single day of our marriage was better than the last. I don't ever want us to take each other for granted, I don't want life to distract us, and I don't want circumstances to draw a divide between us. I want us to love each for ever.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I'm much more comfortable talking about myself! In fact I never quite feel informed enough when it comes to other people and events, and I can't help but feel as though I'd look foolish and uninformed if I wrote about them. My blog is a document of my life - the good, the mundane, and even occasionally the bad. Check out this and this for a bit of open honesty, and this to see my excellent ability to draw a post out of the total mundane ;)

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you choose and why?
Either! I like calling my Mum and having a good chat, and I also like lounging around in bed with something to read.
Now the lovely blogger I would like to pass this award on to is:
Which To Bury (who wouldn't give their bestie an award? Teheehe!)

No comments: