I spent the weekend with mah besties down in beautiful Margaret River. In a nut-shell Margaret River was…
- A surprisingly short trip down, and a shockingly long trip back home
- The first time I’ve had nails long enough (sort of!) to paint since I was about 16 years old. They are now neon orange.
- A perfect mix of beautiful rain, and sunny sunshine
- A freakin’ delicious burger and chips at the Bootleg Brewery (my stomach is grumbling just thinking about it…!)
- A fun time of talking, listening and occasionally problem solving
- Discovering the very first wine I’ve ever liked
- A giant drunken domestic in the apartment above us, at 1am on Friday. Fun times.
- Thelma and Louise, which none of us had ever seen before! (followed by a massive appreciation for the insane Geena Davis. What doesn’t that woman do?!)
- Crochet time! I knocked 5 squares off, and now only need to make 1 more to finish my August quota. Woop!
- An epic blister on my foot! And no band-aids between the 3 of us!
- Tacos, burgers, stir-fry, French toast, and more chocolate than any of us are ever going to admit to eating
- The Chocolate Factory, and pining over a too-expensive roasted tomato mustard
- A pretty new turquoise wallet
- Watching the election, and consequently wondering exactly what a hung government means for the short term…
- Watching Hatti take naps
- Coffee (naturally) and tea (surprisingly)
We had an amazing time, and it was so good to be able to get out of town together for the first time since before I got married in 2008! I have to admit though, it seemed to go soooo fast, that now I’m wondering “Where the heck did the weekend go?”
Coast to Coast
2 weeks ago