Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pretending It's Summer

I don't know why, but lately I've been craving Summer! I'm Summer's biggest hater, but every year, around this time, I start getting tired of feeling cold all the time. Of having to make sure I've got clean tights and long-sleeved tops to see me through the week. Of typing and crafting with numb fingers! And inevitably, I always trick myself into believing that things will be better when it's Summer. Of course, come January I'm angrily sweating my days away, bitterly wishing I lived somewhere with milder temperatures than Australia has to offer. I guess I can never be satisfied!

Well anyway, Sunday was a beautiful, mild sunny day. The day before, I had plugged in a new air freshener, apparently the scent that I used last Christmas. I woke up to a sweet, Summery smell and sunshine coming in through the blinds. So here's what I had for breakfast to enhance the Summeriness:


There's nothing like the smell of freshly cut strawberries in the morning to put me in a good mood! My fun little fake-Summer lasted until after breakfast - at which point I had to throw a pair of tights in the drier and slip on my long sleeves for the day! Sigh.

No comments: